Monday, September 15, 2008

Avocado Heaven

I admit it, I love avocados. I could eat them every day. Several of them. In one sitting. Happily.
Anyway, it is still hot here and I was hungry for something cold and refreshing for dinner.

Cold Avocado Soup
From Joy of Cooking

2 ripe Hass avocados, peeled and pitted (I used 2 1/2)
1 small garlic clove, minced
2 1/2 cups buttermilk
4 tsp fresh lime juice
1/4 tsp salt
dash black pepper

1. Put avocados and garlic into food processor. Process until smooth.
2. Add 2 cups buttermilk, lime juice, salt and pepper. Stir with a spoon (I transferred it into a large serving bowl at this point).
3. Refrigerate until cold. Add rest of buttermilk to thin out soup, to desired consistency. You could also use water to thin.
This could be garnished with a bit of lump crab, cilantro, sour cream or yogurt, or cooked shrimp.

Delish!

No comments: