Saturday, February 14, 2009

Cleanse Meal #1: Apple Snack

My husband and I are testing our will power and doing a 14 day colon cleanse. I know what you are thinking, stock up on the toilet paper and head for the bathroom. I am writing this on day #3 and so far so good. No fighting for the throne up to this point at least. Unlike other cleanses where you cannot eat any food (which I am against), this cleanse focuses on very healthy eating and some supplements and shakes to clean you out. As far as the diet goes, this meals no caffeine (no coffee!, sugar, baked goods, dairy, alcohol, red meats). Basically it is a ton of fruits, veggies, brown rice and legumes. Certainly puts my cooking skills to the test. Given that Dusty and I are constant snackers, this area can be challenging, given we don't feel like munching on a bunch of black beans at 10:00 at night. Here is a simple delicious snack I came up with last night. We will defiantly make this part of our regular diets.

Apple Snack
2 apples (I used Macintosh, tart green ones would be really good too)
All Natural peanut butter
Honey

Very easy. Core and cut apples into sections, put on plate. Put in a hunk of peanut butter in a bowl, a good squeeze of honey in another. Dip apple slices into both bowls. Enjoy!

No comments: